Welcome to my website!
Here I will likely talk about myself, anything relating to open-source software, GNU/Linux ecosystems and anything relating to software (including software I create myself!)
I'm a software developer and information activist, I seek to promote accessible, reliable information about free and open source software in my blog posts and write-ups. I am 17 years old, and I am very passionate about computers and technology.
I first started learning website development in 2017 from school and fell in love with programming, from there I began to teach myself as much as I could. I was introduced to GNU/Linux and open source software in August 2020 and swapped from Windows 10 to Linux full-time in October 2020. I fell in love with open source software and the philosophy behind it.
All blog posts are licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.
- Why Pop!_OS has become one of my favourite Linux distributions, and why I will now recommend it to beginners. - 14/10/21
- What exactly is Matrix? - 25/08/21
- The Ubuntu Handbook - 22/05/21
- My thoughts and opinions on the GNOME desktop environment - 11/04/21
- Why the Linux Desktop is yet to be mainstream - 09/04/21
Projects and contributions
- This website - I designed my website from scratch and currently use the Eleventy static site generator to convert my text from Markdown to HTML.
- I also actively work on and contribute to other open source projects, you will be able to find all contributions I have made on my GitHub profile. Here are some notable projects I have contributed to:
- Matrix: @mrbeebenson:matrix.org
Where to find me
- GitHub: github.com/mrbeebenson